Water Damage & Restoration
Water damage can be deceptive. It penetrates into structural cavities, creating pockets of saturation. The detection of water in these areas can often only be discovered with sophisticated tools, and undetected moisture will continue to cause damage. This damage can cause odors but can also cause greater problems such as shrinkage, splitting and deterioration.
We enjoy hot, dry summers here in Southern Oregon’s beautiful Rogue Valley. The other side of our Mediterranean climate means that water has plenty of time during our cool, rainy winters to cause rot, mold and a host of other water-related problems. We’ve been in the region since 1986 and have experience knowing where to look for issues common to our area, in addition to overall knowledge of water damage.
What We Provide:
Claudio Alvarez Construction’s water damage restoration services include:
- Water extraction and removal
- Removal of damaged material
- Structural drying
- Desiccant dehumidification
- Thermal imaging analysis to ensure no water remains
When you or your insurance company work with us on a water damage restoration project, we go through the following steps:
- Evaluate the location and source of the problem
- Repair the source
- Remove/demolish the damaged materials or area
- Rebuild walls, replace flooring, roofing, sheetrock or cabinetry as needed
When our work is complete, your home or property is will be clean, dry and restored to pre-damage condition.
We use our specialized equipment and processes to remove foreign material, contaminants or destruction resulting from water. We work hand-in-hand with insurance agents and claims adjusters to bring your home back to its pre-damage condition as quickly and seamlessly as possible.
Knowing the Potential Threats
Water damage can result from many sources:
- Frozen pipes
- Broken or dripping plumbing inside your home
- Leaky roofs or windows
- Natural rising water lines, like rivers or lakes during heavy rain
Though less common, water damage from flooding can be especially serious. Water is likely to be contaminated with anything that’s been swept up in floodwaters, like soil bacteria, decaying insects, animal droppings, road runoff, or fertilizers and pesticides from fields or gardens.
Looking for the Signs of Water Damage
Not all water damage is easy to identify, and it can happen slowly over days or weeks before being noticed. Look for discolored walls or floors and any soft spots in the home. This could be a sign of water damage.
Be proactive in preventing water damage to your home:
- Unhook your garden hoses at the end of the season
- Fix leaky faucets promptly
- Unsure your pipes are properly insulated.
- Ensure your heating unit and its overflow reservoir are properly installed
- Have your roof inspected regularly for any leaks
- Always be on the look out for mold and mildew on any surface in your home
A pipe can burst without notice and thousands of dollars of damage to your home can result in moments. Make sure you have the proper insurance to handle any claim resulting from water damage or flooding. Having appropriate coverage and a skilled team like us behind you can make a world of difference.